Author Topic: Discussion on Switching Up the Gamemodes!  (Read 433 times)

MistakenForFame

• Hero Member [Minigame Master]
Discussion on Switching Up the Gamemodes!
« on: September 19, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
 There was a spontaneous community meeting called by Cryoraptor on 9/16, here was his message he sent on discord. Keep in mind we have paid for the server until April.

"[font=Whitney, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]@everyone[/font][/color][color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)][font=Whitney, "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Hey guys, I'd like to have a "mandatoptional" meeting. tonight at 9pm EST SATURDAY. What this means is while I'm not forcing anyone to come to the meeting, I would like to speak to everyone eventually as this issue effects everyone. Some of you have heard at least part of my message, but I'd like to explain officially what I want to do with the server. Before I do anything though, I want to discuss what the best option I should take with the community. So please, let everyone of your friends who plays on the server know what is going on. I'll explain to those who come and those who do not, I would appreciate it if I didn't have to repeat myself to each individual. I would prefer those who have been to the meeting would tell them as I don't know who's who on the server anymore. Also this notice comes at last minute because things that I plan ahead at times like this tend to be forgotten so I am making the annoucement today."[/font][/color] 

We discussed the future of the server, we want to change the gamemode of the server, because TTT becomes tiring after a while. It seemed like everyone like the idea of switching it to prophunt, but with that comes a couple of problems I see.

• Addons - I dont know if it is possible to copy the current addon folder we have and save it somewhere else for when we switch it back to TTT, and make a totally new one for that new gamemode we have. I suggest we have little addons and add "FastDL" to our server name.
  • Maps - We have to vote on maps for prophunt, which shouldn't be too much of a problem, we can repeat the same process that we have done before.

Now we talked a little about the gamemode that we want to create called 'Propocalypse'
and I think we were going to integrate it into prophunt as a minigame, Cryoraptor can elaborate more on it.

Now that is all I can remember as of now, if you have any ideas or suggestions, please leave them! 

MistakenForFame

• Hero Member [Minigame Master]
Re: Discussion on Switching Up the Gamemodes!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 04:49:23 PM »
I have another concern, what will happen with gametracker and the points everyone has?

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:11:09 PM »
Addons: We can most likely easily just copy the addons folder from TTT. Even if we couldn't for whatever reason, Cryo has a collection on Steam with all the addons we use on the server.

Maps: Just like when we shuffled the maps earlier this year, we'll have to have people suggest maps they like and vote on them.

Gametracker: If we keep the same server but just switch the gamemode, I don't think that will affect game tracker. We'll have to see, I guess.

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 11:28:59 PM »
I can copy the folder for TTT and save it but I don't think that will be necessary.  It will just sit on the server and be there when we switch back without issues.  Its the gametype itself that comes with the game.  AS for the addons, I'll have to find a way to save them or I can just unsubscribe and resubscribe when we switch back to TTT.

I don't want to vote for maps for prop hunt.  We don't have any at all and will need a bunch.  I'll just allow everyone to suggest one map and I'll add it.  Just make sure it works.3

Propocalypse:

4 types of props at this time
-Stealth: Props with low fade distance that appear only as shadows in a flashlight and invisible without
-Artillery: Heavy, slow props that specialize in smashing buildings
-Nesting: A prop made of layers of smaller props that gets smaller as its damaged
-Standard Battle Props: Barrels, boxes, any physics object

-1 prop for every 5 players.
-Players chosen to be props randomly
-Infection like, players that die become props
-Game ends when all survivors are either dead or they've completed some objective

A map theme is something I'm not sure where to go with.  A house? A random building? Who knows?
Most likely something destroyable with breakable doors and walls, like a safe house, where the survivors must make their last stand.

I think it might mess with game tracker to change the name of the server but we have to.  It would be [RAPTOR] PROP HUNT / MINIGAME SERVER or something like that.

UPDATE >>>>>>>>>>>>>
I've added prop hunt to the server collections, please try it out when you can and see what happens.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 11:40:31 PM by Cryoraptor »