Author Topic: Videogame Genres  (Read 346 times)

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Videogame Genres
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:28:00 PM »
I saw this chart and I found it very interesting. I personally like adventure games the most, but what do you like best?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 05:30:47 PM by Drooby »

OperaPanda

• That one person who sings opera, plays video games, and has a terrible aim when playing first-person shooters
  • Full Member [Admin]
Re: Videogame Genres
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:52:54 PM »
It's hard for me to pick a favorite genre.  I was a console gamer as a kid (LoZ OoT, Majora's Mask, Mario 64, Starfox 64, Sonic Adventure 1&2) so I played quite a few adventure and action games and I have a lot of fond memories of them.  Legend of Zelda is still one of my favorite franchises.  I also like other genres such as strategy (Civ 5) and open-world rpgs like Skyrim.  I also like playing arcade games on my phone when I'm bored.  I guess it depends on what I'm in the mood for at the time.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Re: Videogame Genres
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:37 PM »
I totally agree, Opera. I also have been playing some strategy/simulation games in my free time such as Cities Skylines, Planet Coaster, and Stardew Valley that make a relaxing break from a lot of the FPS/action/adventure games that I play.

I gotta say though, I feel adventure is the most well-rounded genre. They have the potential to offer so much in their gameplay that makes them so awesome. I have been spending a lot of time playing Shovel Knight and Zelda BoTW (which I guess could also be considered an open-world RPG), both of which offer a fun challenge but also have awesome stories and amazing characters.

In the end, I guess preference is just based on if you're looking for a riveting plot or just want to go all-in on the gameplay.