Author Topic: Meeting June 10 Saturday at 9:00pm  (Read 556 times)

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
Meeting June 10 Saturday at 9:00pm
« on: June 03, 2017, 12:27:57 PM »
I figured it would be a good idea to have a meeting before many people have the summer season off and make sure our server and staff are ready.

I would like to thank everyone who helped keep the server populated and functioning properly as it is more important than ever now.

I would also like to thank whoever fixed the jukebox.

I would like to talk about:
Admin abuse
Adding/Removing maps
Adding a new map that I made.  Ambersands.
Adding/Removing weapons and items

This list may grow most likely.  If you have anything else you would like to talk about please add to it.

Angels With Scaly Wings is on sale.  If you don't already know about this game I suggest you find out about it and get it.  You are running out of time!  As of now you have 5 days left.  http://angelswithscalywings.com/
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 07:15:19 PM by Sparx_kitten »

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Re: Meeting 6-10 Saturday at 9:00pm
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »
I'm guessing you mean today, right? If so, then I'll probably be able to go.

Gorgo Shepherd

• Sr. Member [Operator]
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 05:43:27 PM »
When's the meeting?

Senpai Kaady

• Full Member [Admin]
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »
When it comes to Admin abuse. if thats cause of me i only do it to pedro and gorgo when im most sure they are okay with it. Anytime else besides that is most likley an accident wich happens frequently as im very skittish when people walk into my room. i jump then i type a wrong key and press enter. but i defanently agree on adding that amber sands map. i thought it looked cool. BUT IS THERE PROPS I CAN MAKE PEOPLES LIFE HELL WITH?

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:02:41 PM »
When it comes to Admin abuse. if thats cause of me i only do it to pedro and gorgo when im most sure they are okay with it. Anytime else besides that is most likley an accident wich happens frequently as im very skittish when people walk into my room. i jump then i type a wrong key and press enter. but i defanently agree on adding that amber sands map. i thought it looked cool. BUT IS THERE PROPS I CAN MAKE PEOPLES LIFE HELL WITH?
As for admin abuse I was referring to everyone that does it including myself.  We're going to have to establish some ground rules to make sure we don't scare away new players.  If you're problem is caused by accidentally pressing the wrong buttons you probably should switch the buttons you use.  Well I'll be making some changes to that map this week.  Hopefully I'll be able to have it semi functional.

As for a brief description on Ambersands:

If you don't already know the setting is a volcanic desert planet known as Rahonavis.  It has an orange dwarf star giving everything an eerie orange glow.  The planet is rich in Iron and subject to intense mining operations.  The ambersands desert is a vast expanse of rusty sand and towering iron formations created by lava that rose upward and cooled on the outside but continued to grow inside.   These towers are often collapsed, corroded and twisted from sand storms and extreme heat from the sun that never sets.  Being in the northern polar region the sun simply goes around endlessly for most of the year rarely dipping below the horizon making this a unforgiving place to work in.  But the species of raptor that live there, known as the cone feathers, don't seem to mind.  

I'm making it so you can only go from the courtyard and up one level to the bridges in each tower.  You can no longer go down into that little walkway beneath but its still there.  If you fall down there you will die because I'm putting a kill zone there.  The map will overall be smaller as for playable space but I might include a rooftop area on top of each tower at another time.  Ultimately it should be much harder to get lost since the playable areas are very large and open.  They don't deviate too much and you will end up always back in either the courtyard or viewing some other familiar area.  I'm going to try to make the bridges destroyable with C4 only or at the very least explosions only.  I might either get rid of some doors, make them open faster, or allow a player to open them from both sides.  I"m not sure if I want to force people to go one direction as this can be annoying but it does serve the purpose of splitting people up.  I won't be able to get to the skybox just yet.  I have changed the lighting on the inside of the building and made the sun cast at an angle so it has some interesting diagonal shadows.  I might have to turn down the brightness a lot as everything is a rather harsh orange.  I want to focus on creating interesting shadow effects where the light casts patterns or shapes on the ground.  Two things you won't see this time but I hope to add in the future as I have greater experience with blender now are some waving flags bearing the crimson cog of Rahonavis and a Hammerhead battlecruiser that flies over head.  But this will be toward the end when I pretty much figured out most of the map.

OperaPanda

• That one person who sings opera, plays video games, and has a terrible aim when playing first-person shooters
  • Full Member [Admin]
Re: Meeting June 10 Saturday at 9:00pm
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
I should be able to make it to the meeting on Saturday.

By the way, I'm going to assume its 9:00pm EST, so I'll convert it for other time zones
9:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time)
8:00pm CST (Central Standard Time)
7:00pm MST (Mountain Standard Time)
6:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
5:00pm AKST (Alaskan Standard Time)
3:00pm HST (Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time)

Ambersands sounds really cool!  I do have a few concerns though.  If the bridge can be destroyed using explosives, what should we do about explosive barrels?  I have a feeling people may try to use them to destroy the bridge at the beginning of the round.  Also, if the walkway is still visible but it's in a kill zone, should we try adding something to keep guests from trying to get to it?  Maybe we could add some sort of prop or sign thing saying "Do not enter."

Also, I just had an idea about the part with the raptors but I don't know how hard it is to code.  If the planet is home to raptors, the mining facilities would probably run into problems with them.  I think it would be cool if there was a T-trap that causes a sort of raptor infestation where raptors attack the facility.  Or maybe some sort of cage for raptors with a T-trap that releases them, maybe the miners were studying them in an attempt to come up with better methods on dealing with them.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:42:02 AM »
Is Ambersands available on the Steam workshop? If so, I'd really like to check it out!

OperaPanda

• That one person who sings opera, plays video games, and has a terrible aim when playing first-person shooters
  • Full Member [Admin]
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 02:55:57 PM »
I checked the workshop today but I couldn't find it.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »

hawaii-aleutian standard time

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 10:06:35 PM »
Its on the server now.  I want to run some tests before I goes public