Author Topic: Thank you- Cryoraptor  (Read 512 times)

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
Thank you- Cryoraptor
« on: April 07, 2017, 05:31:34 PM »
I'd like to thank everyone who donated to the server within the past year.  As many of you may know our bill is coming up on the 24th.  It looks like we will have enough donations to pay for the year till April 24 2018. Right now we have 209.36 on my paypal account.  The server is $220 per year.  I recently bought I game in March and it took 9.99 from the account unintentionally.  So I'll make up the difference this time and just make sure it takes from my credit card instead of my paypal.  

Also I'd like to apologize for my notable absence from the server.  I've been playing a visual novel through most of march called "Angels with Scaly Wings" and I've really loved it.  It wasn't so much the game play as it was the community taking up the time I had available to talk about it.  I recently was working on mods for this game with other people.  While I'll still be doing this, I'll check the forums at least twice a week now and come on the server during the weekend to see how things are going or to cause general mayhem.  For me, making stuff for the server is fun but my ambitions are often WAY too big for what I can do within a reasonable amount of time.  You can expect I'll mostly be either fixing maps or adding simple mini game maps in the future.  But don't worry I'll work on the bathtub eventually.  After playing AWSW and having really loved one character more than any other I hope to be able to make a player model of him eventually.  It will take time before I will learn how, but I will be spending more time learning blender in the near future so that I can accomplish this goal.  You'll see some of the things I have made again soon in Cryoraptordev.  Because of my lack of play I've sort of let things go on the server.  I see there are broken items or just general glitches I'm not sure how to fix.  Since many of you play more than I do, please, put these bugs in writing and submit them to me either on the forums or discord but ALWAYs keep them together in a list so I don't miss any.  Thank you.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Re: Thank you- Cryoraptor
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 06:35:01 PM »
I'll compile a list on the forums.

If anyone has any bugs they'd like to report, message me on Discord or Steam and I'll add them to the post.

I'll make sure to notify you anytime the list gets updated, Cryo.

Koneko-chan

• Sr. Member [Operator]
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:17:24 PM »
Thanks cryo you might be a flake sometimes but without you this server and community wouldn't be as special as it is thank you and thanks everyone honestly you all make this server so great. I love you all.

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
Well I appreciate the feedback.  Not everyone would agree.  I know blood ax and gorgo weren't very pleased with me last weekend.  Blood ax never really has any compliments for anything I do.  Its kind of bothersome I don't feel welcome on my own server.  I just hope this isn't a regular thing for more people.  I usually just check to see who's on from time to time and come on if I see enough players.  But I suppose I could invite people. 

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 06:14:42 PM »
Well I appreciate the feedback.  Not everyone would agree.  I know blood ax and gorgo weren't very pleased with me last weekend.  Blood ax never really has any compliments for anything I do.  Its kind of bothersome I don't feel welcome on my own server.  I just hope this isn't a regular thing for more people.  I usually just check to see who's on from time to time and come on if I see enough players.  But I suppose I could invite people.
Unfortunately, there's no real way to please Bloodaxe, so I wouldn't worry about that. Many people who complain about stuff like that don't understand how busy you are, but the people whose opinion really matters are the ones who are loyal to you and don't complain about everything needing to be done right away. You've had issues with your job and having side hobbies, and all that being said, you're an amazing owner. You've been extremely dedicated to this server through all the drama and all the trash that has gone down, and although many here may FEEL underappreciated, but this community wouldn't be the same without them, and especially not without you. I've heard you talking about giving your own money to keep this server alive, giving your freetime away to do all this maintenance stuff (which goes straight over my head because I don't really know what that implies), and you make sure you're at pretty much all the staff meetings.

If it really is a problem, I'll talk to Bloodaxe. I seriously will, because I've seen how he treats you and you don't deserve to be treated like that. I hope everyone in this community can appreciate how much you've done for us like I know the many staff and I do.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication for so many years.

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »
Unfortunately, there's no real way to please Bloodaxe, so I wouldn't worry about that. Many people who complain about stuff like that don't understand how busy you are, but the people whose opinion really matters are the ones who are loyal to you and don't complain about everything needing to be done right away. You've had issues with your job and having side hobbies, and all that being said, you're an amazing owner. You've been extremely dedicated to this server through all the drama and all the trash that has gone down, and although many here may FEEL underappreciated, but this community wouldn't be the same without them, and especially not without you. I've heard you talking about giving your own money to keep this server alive, giving your freetime away to do all this maintenance stuff (which goes straight over my head because I don't really know what that implies), and you make sure you're at pretty much all the staff meetings.

If it really is a problem, I'll talk to Bloodaxe. I seriously will, because I've seen how he treats you and you don't deserve to be treated like that. I hope everyone in this community can appreciate how much you've done for us like I know the many staff and I do.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication for so many years. 
For the most part blood axe is not an issue.  I just need to learn when to ignore him.  I do deserve some tongue lashing for things that have been broken and problematic.  Most things that are broken are nuisances that only come up when they come up, like the grav nade, melonazor, jukebox.  I try to fix game breaking things right away.  But things that crash the server occasionally are hard to catch because I can't always be there.  I can't take donations lightly, I really want to make people who play on the server happy especially the people who helped keep it running.  This is why I frequently say it is "our" server not my server.  I really appreciate the way that you feel about how I'm doing.  I get caught up in things that take up time, some are important, others not so much.  Right now I am slowly taking on 3D modeling.  I've been getting better at it and have been posting my work in the Cryoraptordev channel on discord.  While progress is slow, I celebrate every small goal I reach because it keeps me going and enjoying it.  I have learned to lower my standards and realize it is healthier to reach lesser goals more often.  Eventually I may be pretty competent with blender.  I can make basic things now and add materials.  This knowledge will grow over time.  I've also decided to take on some tasks in gimp.  The latest drawing I posted is a dragon going into a blender.  While simple and messy, I enjoyed it and hope to do more in the future because I will eventually need to make textures for my models.  I also work with Hammer editor which is the level design tool I use for source.  I'm trying to finalize steel solace to the point I've ironed out most of the issues that keep coming up so I can move on to better designed levels as this one is messy.  When I don't do those things I look for work and try to contact my prospective employers.  I have about 30 ducks I have to collect eggs, provide food and water among other things for them.  I have to maintain the house, clean, cook etc.  I have three dogs that need their own things.  I walk for about an hour everyday, hopefully to find inspiration for a story I don't think I can write at the moment but will include elements of it in my level design.  Ambersands is part of that story.  After enjoying Angels with scaly wings, I've worked on a mod for it.  That mod is now done, but I want to do another.  I'm undecided which idea to work on first expansion of an in game character that was rushed or Adding a new one all together.  I will need help with this and I think I know who to ask.  While I didn't write the story yet I'm decided what I want to happen and the dialog.  I do come on to the server to play and check on things or to mess around.  I often attempt to fix things. I"m not sure fix is the right word.  But if there are issues I want to hear about them.   You did say you wanted to give me a bug report.  These are some of the things I work on when I'm not around.  I really want to upload videos of more work onto my channel, my opinions on things, perhaps some gameplay vids but I just keep getting taken over with other things.  I"d love to learn LUA but I don't know where to learn it or practice nor who to ask.  If I could do that I would be much more helpful finding bugs and fixing them.  But many bugs are not my own,  They come from either other peoples mods or perhaps the mods hating each other.  Once I go back to work, I will have less time to do any of these.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 03:38:05 PM »
I'm actually going to be going to a college course over the summer on programming a video game, which is gonna be awesome, since I'll actually be able to understand the coding and all that and know how all the stuff on the server works. I may be able to help you with lua if that's what we're using; I guess I'll have to see!