Author Topic: Let's give the ocean to the sea!  (Read 397 times)

Dwagen

• The Final Judge
  • Hero Member [Minigame Master]
  • Leave me alone! Poor bastards shant be messed with
Let's give the ocean to the sea!
« on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:56 PM »
Once upon a time, there was a brave sailor named Ralph. Ralph had been renowned for all of his accomplishments throughout his life: Killing the krakens, fighting off the aliens, warding off the weebs, and looking damn fine while doing it. But his toughest adventure was yet to come; he had been assigned the task of locating and killing the dark lord Cthulhu. Ralph had always accepted challenges that involved his courage and wit, but even he thought that this was to much for him. Alas, so his reputation would not be ruined he had accepted the quest given by the queen.

Three months pass as he tries to prepare for his grand adventure. Along with his haste to scavenge materials, he had recruited some man from a guild that was close by (The Raptor) to help him along his journey. The Raptor consisted of four people: Drooby, Asriel, me, and Mistaken. The "mercenaries of Down", as they liked to call themselves, aided in his efforts to gather any weapons and resources that was needed. They were all fine adventures that had seen their fair share of battles, yet they were still not prepared for the battle to come. 

Another four years pass. The ship that the crew had built from scratch was now ready for sail. Looming over-head in a way that looked like it was glowing gold, the ship mocked all the others in the harbor. It was their pride and joy, the one thing that they felt they had done right. The one thing they hoped could help them achieve their goals. The one thing that gave them even the slightest chance. Everyone took a moment to bask in it's grace, then mutually decided to set sail first thing in the morning.

The morning sun rose the the sound of screeching chickens. They were all excited about this new adventure- the one that would be outlined in gold throughout in the chapters of men. Boarding the ship, I looked back at Ralph; noticing that none of this would have been possible without Ralph's silver tongue to barter their goods, he smiled feeling happy that he had made such a good friend. Each of the journeyman took their positions on the ship just like they planned, and set sail for what they planned to be a six day exposition.

On the sixth day, it had begun to pour a heavy downfall of rain. So heavy, as a matter of fact, that it almost looked black. When the crewman noticed that they could barely see through the thick rain, Ralph stated that the sun would come out soon enough so we should continue on. So we did. Continue onward. So we did. We did.

The storm got rougher as the day went on. The light slowly fading as the clouds thickened, then, as if listening to our cries of despairs, Cthulhu popped out of the water. Before we could even register what had happened, Drooby's pearl white nightgown had been stained a crimson red. Ralph immediately realized what was happening and shot the largest harpoon we had, missing Cthulhu entirely. 

Out of sheer rage for Drooby's death, Asriel had decided to try to cut the tentacles that had once held his dearly beloved friend. Ralph realized that our efforts may have been in vain, so he got in the one quantum transporter we had, and escaped. With me and Asriel standing side by side, as the  last ones alive, I felt a surge of power. I took the artifact I had been keeping under my sleeve since I was five, inserted it into my blade, and charged at Cthulhu with all my might. That was my last mistake I ever made.

"Send the ocean to the sea. Send the ocean to the sea. Send the ocean to the sea." Ralph said to himself in the middle of the bar. People had long since knew what his mission was, but nobody dared asked what happened. "Send the ocean to the sea. Send the ocean to the sea."

Two weeks later, a lone wanderer pulled into town. All worn, he got off the plank of wood that he used as a ship. There was only one thing on his mind, vengeance. He went to the one placed he knew he would be accepted, the guild that the ones he loved was in, "The Raptor". After locating the remnants of "The Raptor", he decided to go in and ask around. He learned that there was a bar not to far from there that he could drink away the sorrows. 

Ralph, looking at the door, watching the crows gather in the street. "Send the ocean to the sea. Send the ocean to the sea." It was then, that a figure stepped through the doors, one that seemed to radiate pure gold. The man came in and ordered a drink. Ralph didn't know why, but he felt that he shouldn't say anything. "send the ocean to the sea....", he whispered. The man had heard him.

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID. He thought to himself as he looked at Ralph. HOW CAN HE EVEN SLEEP AT NIGHT. HOW..........how....... 

The strange man got up and walked over to Ralph. Looked right into Ralph's clouded eyes, then pulled out his sword. "SEND THE OCEAN TO THE SEA!" Ralph screamed. The mystery man raised his sword, then from between his lips, barely noticeable to anyone beside him "Traitor" he said. Then struck Ralph where he sat.

This story is based off of something that happened in the server. It is also meant for a project we were supposed to do on symbolism. Can you find all the symbols I put in it?
Life is nothing more than a series of choices where your skill level causes the outcome to vary.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Re: Let's give the ocean to the sea!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 06:34:21 PM »
Symbolism: Drooby dies horribly at the start of the round (which of course, is rdm) :(

Dwagen

• The Final Judge
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 08:34:09 AM »
That's where I got you being the first to die.....but I wouldn't say that was a symbol I intended.
Life is nothing more than a series of choices where your skill level causes the outcome to vary.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:02:02 AM »
Haha I know, just poking fun at my horrible luck.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
I'd like to figure out what the symbols represent...do you have any symbols in here that I can decipher? I'm a bad looker c:

Dwagen

• The Final Judge
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 12:42:34 PM »
Colors, numbers, some materialistic objects. Almost every sentence in there has some type of symbol. XD

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 04:48:29 PM »
Aye this is hard

Dwagen

• The Final Judge
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:35:41 PM »
Not really.......XD