Author Topic: The new Steel solace is up  (Read 275 times)

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
The new Steel solace is up
« on: February 25, 2017, 04:41:39 PM »
The new steel solace is on the server now.  Its called steel_solace_winterf2 or something along those lines.  I've made many changes based on the feed back I've recieved.
-The storm sewer is completely gone, though there is a remnant of it in the street in that one sink hole.
-I've closed about three hallways and labeled them "contaminated areas" because it was too easy to get lost and rounds were taking too long.  
-I've cut some of the vent systems entrances and length.  I might remove some more.
-I cut some walls back, and may cut more.
-I've merged rooms.
-Some rooms above the security room have been turned into a server room
-Combined the electical room, steam tunnel, adjacent hallways and the basement cat room into one room.
-Basement cat is in another hidden room nearby
-Added some decorative features, like props in hallways, beams ect.
-Removed the large mirror in the steel storage room, replaced with translucent ice floor and in a smaller area.
-Added some lights in darker areas
-Adjusted some sprites
-Added different kinds of lights, fluorescent light in the server room, green glow sticks, one blue glow stick, I might add more lights
-Adjusted cube maps
-The blizzard now becomes available after three minutes.  When used it now hurts players after 4s slowly.
-Moved boiler part spawn points around
-Added a cat picture
-Added a sound that wasn't playing
-Removed the large gray wall in the parking lot
-Adjusted freezer vapor and steam vent outside
-Added teleport in T room to the steel room
-Modified teleporter functions for storage space
-Relocated teleporters
-Made T room have more visible areas from within
-Added map credit and website link in death room
-Falling wall now works, usually
-Removed unused T traps
-Adjusted T traps and descriptions
-Some other nonsense I forget.

Make sure you report any bugs in the cryoraptordev on discord or here.  Discord is better.  I think the reflections are still broken unfortunately.  I'll figure that out eventually.

The next map I'm going to adjust is lava pit which shouldn't take long.  I'll probably go back to working on ambersands / physcity / inclement cube or Cryo's house after that.  I think I will put up a poll on these.

MistakenForFame

• Hero Member [Minigame Master]
Re: The new Steel solace is up
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »
Can you put it up on the workshop?
And I think this is a lot better!

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
Re: The new Steel solace is up
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 02:00:21 PM »
Why do you want it on the workshop if it is on the server?  I certainly want to put it on the workshop and can, as, for the most part, it is functional.  There are sill a few problems that I will fix.  The reflection thing is very annoying and I haven't been able to figure it out.  If you played on the map you will know what I mean.  My main goal was to resolve the issue of it being too big and/or taking too long, I'm not sure what else I'd like to remove.  The map should be on your computer if you played on the server.