Author Topic: Playermodel  (Read 1586 times)

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
Playermodel
« on: February 13, 2017, 06:21:00 PM »
I know, I know...the server doesn't NEED any new playermodels. But I was looking through the shop and found some that would be awesome. I figured that I would at least suggest them in case we removed other playermodels due to minimal usage or because they were completely unbalanced. So here they are:

Terminator model: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=157674327&searchtext=playermodel A simple Terminator playermodel that, if the headshot works, would be very good for the normal pointshop. It seems to be the same size as a normal model, and doesn't have a strange shape and hard-to-locate head (cough-apache helicopter-cough).

Chibiterasu model: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=503568129&searchtext=playermodel So I have been asking for this model to be added for a very long time. It's really small, about the same size as the Chibi Miku playermodel, so it can be set to 50 health, but come on, it's adorable.

Kermit model: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433585044&searchtext=kermit+playermodel This is another model that I've been wanting for a VERY long time, most of you should know this from my days as Kormit...either way, it's a great model, larger than usual, so it would be more balanced if it didn't have a head and was set to 85 health.

Those are the 3 models I've been looking at, and if need be, I can test them. Again, they aren't demands, they're simply suggestions; they're just playermodels that I really like and I would like to see in the server.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:57:58 PM by Wee Wee »

Dwagen

• The Final Judge
  • Hero Member [Minigame Master]
  • Leave me alone! Poor bastards shant be messed with
Re: Playermodel
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 06:39:08 PM »
Replace Kermit with a Blanc and you have my interest. XD
Life is nothing more than a series of choices where your skill level causes the outcome to vary.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:02:51 PM »
Replace Kermit with a Blanc and you have my interest. XD
Nope.

Wee Wee

• Supreme Raptor
  • Administrator
  • Daddy?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 07:44:20 PM »
Server has gotten laggy, and download time too long. We are not adding any more anytime soon

Sparx_kitten

• Kitten
  • Administrator
  • The One With The Coconuts
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 09:37:30 PM »
A majority of the download time is in the weapon packs and group models, I will have to see what exactly is downloading into the server because it is possible there are some ghost files. I will look into the models. If there are small enough size that its hardly anything I can either switch some out or see if I can find a faster DL. In the mean time.

Please check headshots on these models and ragdolls.

OperaPanda

• That one person who sings opera, plays video games, and has a terrible aim when playing first-person shooters
  • Full Member [Admin]
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »
Sparx, any news on that panda player model?

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 11:22:26 PM »
A majority of the download time is in the weapon packs and group models, I will have to see what exactly is downloading into the server because it is possible there are some ghost files. I will look into the models. If there are small enough size that its hardly anything I can either switch some out or see if I can find a faster DL. In the mean time.

Please check headshots on these models and ragdolls.
I'll definitely test them. Do you know the easiest way to check the headshots on these models if they don't come with NPCs?

Sparx_kitten

• Kitten
  • Administrator
  • The One With The Coconuts
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »
@Opera I still need to do research, sorry I've been busy with my programming classes
@Drooby Your best bet is to go on sandbox with two people and shoot from there

Wee Wee

• Supreme Raptor
  • Administrator
  • Daddy?
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:59:04 AM »
Cryo keeps warning us about playermodels :/

I tested the download actually with my friends laptop. He had no workshop subscriptions other than the more default ones. It took him 7 minutes and 32 seconds more or less. The longest download was the T weapons, followed by Lykrasts weapon pack. After that it was player models took a huge amount of time.

People sometimes complain how long it takes, and we don't really want a huge clusterfuck of models. Maybe we could have a monthly model for 7,500 that changes every month, but I think we have kinda capped how many we should have.

MistakenForFame

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:57 AM »
Maybe we could make a steam collection of everything and post it on the forums with it or make an advert with the steam link to it?

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
Wee wee and sparx are right.  I don't want the download time to exceed 10 minutes.  Even that may be too long.  Player models are the biggest issue because they are usually the largest with all the custom textures, meshes, animations and more that come with them.  Maps can actually be the longest depending on how much custom content is added or how detailed the map is, but they are usually a one time thing and are only loaded when the map is played on for the first time.  If we are going to add new models I suggest we only keep new ones for a brief period of time before they are switched with new models.  As I have mentioned new models and weapons can be problematic if they come in packs because an individual model in a pack can be defective, unwanted or otherwise have a bunch of custom skins that come with it that can't be used with TTT.  Weapons can be big if they have custom textures and models.  I feel we should go through the downloads and perhaps remove anything that adds a workshop for an item that has unused stuff associated with it and/or remove things we don't use all together and while we're at it update old things like damage logs.  

Cryoraptor

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 12:13:33 PM »
Maybe we could make a steam collection of everything and post it on the forums with it or make an advert with the steam link to it? 
This won't work because people won't know where to find our collection until they join our server.  When they join for the first time they will have to wait anyway.  Besides there are addons that ARE NOT in the collection for the server.  There is a collection for the server on the workshop that I think can be downloaded called TTTstuffs.  It might be private.  But the collection will only come in handy if we advertise outside of the server itself.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 04:07:13 PM »
I understand that we may not have enough space to add MORE models, which is why I suggested that we remove some o21f the unused/unbalanced ones. There still are models that are unused and also ones that are way too good..so this is why I suggested them. Again, I'm not demanding they be added.

MistakenForFame

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 04:27:43 PM »
We could have some sort of vote to get rid of some models and add some.

Drooby

• Full Member [Admin]
  • Scooby dooby doo~
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 04:37:31 PM »
We could have some sort of vote to get rid of some models and add some.
Exactly. Adding onto this, however, I don't think it's logical to cycle through playermodels. People would end up buying one they really like and then will end up being confused a month later when they're switched out. Again, there ARE playermodels that can be removed. Such as the repetitive Miku player models....I don't think we need 5 of them.